Our grass-fed and finished dry-aged Beef Short Ribs are rich and delicious when slow roasted with your favourite barbecue sauce. They are definitely a favourite ranch meal any time of year.
- Thaw 2 packages of TK Ranch Short Ribs in cool water.
- Place them in a roasting pan and bake at 350 F for one hour.
- While the ribs are baking, sauté until transparent:
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 3 minced cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup of organic catsup
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of strong black coffee
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sweet basil
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Whisk together and cook gently until the flavours are melded, about 15 minutes. I find that the catsup is salty enough so I don't add any extra to the sauce
- Once the ribs are baked, remove them from the pan and pour off the excess fat.
- Put them back into the pan and coat each rib generously with the sauce.
- Return to the oven and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve with organic short grain brown rice and a garden salad.
All of our beef cuts are dry aged the old fashioned way for 18 to 21 days for added flavour and tenderness. This is very different from virtually all conventional beef found in big box stores or restaurants that has been wet aged in a plastic bag.
We believe in giving you the best value so all of our cuts are well trimmed and our roasts are tied. Our products are vacuum packaged to add freezer life and for convenience — simply thaw in cool water before cooking.