Our grass-fed and finished dry-aged Beef Neck Soup Bones are perfect for making delicious beef stock.
There are 500g per vacuum package.
Beef Stock Recipe:
- Place thawed bones in a baking dish.
- Cook in a 350 F oven until well browned, about 45 minutes.
Baking the bones first adds tremendous flavour to the broth.
- Remove browned bones from baking pan and place in a pot suitable for making soup.
We usually brown at least 6 bones for a 4 liter soup pot.
- Cover the bones with two inches of water and add:
- the leafy parts of several celery stalks
- 1 medium onion cut into 4 pieces
- 4 peeled garlic cloves
- a few whole black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- Bring to a boil then turn the heat down and cover so the pot is at a low simmer.
- After an hour, skim the little bit of foam that comes to the top of the stock pot.
- Continue to simmer for several hours until the broth has a deep rich colour.
- Pour through a fine sieve to remove solids.
- Freeze in smaller containers for future use or make soup right away.
- Thaw one pound of TK Ranch Lean Ground Beef in cool water.
- In a large pot, add:
- about 2 liters of beef broth
- 2 diced carrots
- 2 stalks of diced celery
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic to the beef broth
- Simmer until the vegetables are soft.
- Add thawed ground beef in small pieces to the broth and simmer until cooked.
- 1 jar of organic tomato sauce
- 1 package of gluten free pasta (Tinkyada is our favourite)
- 1 cup of organic green peas.
- Season with 1/2 tsp sweet basil and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Simmer until pasta is done and serve.