We've been getting lots of questions about how to make nutrient dense bone broth. The combination of grass-fed and finished beef bones in this package add the micronutrients essential for boosting immunity, joint health and a whole host of other benefits. There are enough ingredients in this package to make a lovely rich pot of beef broth. My bone broth becomes gelatinous once cooled, this is a good sign that you have the correct ratios! You should yield about 2 litres of stock.
Please note, this package DOES NOT INCLUDE the onions, celery or seasonings.
INCLUDES: one package 300g meaty marrow bones, one package of 500g marrow bones and one 1.0 kg knuckle bone.
Beef Broth Recipe:
- Place thawed bones in a baking dish.
- Cook in a 325 F oven until well browned, about 45 minutes.
Baking the bones first adds tremendous flavour to the broth
- Remove browned bones from baking pan and place in a pot suitable for making soup.
We usually brown at least 6 bones for a 4 liter soup pot.
- Cover the bones with two inches of water and add:
- the leafy parts of several celery stalks
- 1 medium onion cut into 4 pieces
- 4 peeled garlic cloves
- a few whole black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- Bring to a boil then turn the heat down and cover so the pot is at a low simmer.
- After an hour, skim the little bit of foam that comes to the top of the stock pot.
- Continue to simmer for several hours until the broth has a deep rich colour.
- Pour through a fine sieve to remove solids.
- Freeze in smaller containers for future use or make soup right away.
TK Ranch Hearty Beef Soup:
- Thaw one pound of TK Ranch Lean Ground Beef in cool water.
- In a large pot, add:
- about 2 liters of beef broth
- 2 diced carrots
- 2 stalks of diced celery
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic to the beef broth
- Simmer until the vegetables are soft.
- Add thawed ground beef in small pieces to the broth and simmer until cooked.
- 1 jar of organic tomato sauce
- 1 package of gluten free pasta (Tinkyada is our favourite)
- 1 cup of organic green peas.
- Season with 1/2 tsp sweet basil and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Simmer until pasta is done and serve.
All of our beef cuts are dry aged the old fashioned way for 18 to 21 days for added flavour and tenderness. This is very different from virtually all conventional beef found in big box stores or restaurants that has been wet aged in a plastic bag.
We believe in giving you the best value so all of our cuts are well trimmed and our roasts are tied. Our products are vacuum packaged to add freezer life and for convenience — simply thaw in cool water before cooking.